Last edition — 01 December 2016
Who We Are
The websites located at www.disabilitymatches.com
(“Websites”) and the service is part of the Dating Factory network, which is operated by Tyche Technologies AG (Baarerstrasse 21, CH-6300, Zug, Switzerland), a company registered under the laws of Switzerland, Reg. No. CHE-420.114.703 (“us” “we” or “our”). MediaHoppers Limited (UK company registration number 09810746) (“MediaHoppers”) does not provide the above services, but does provide limited additional services to users of the Websites. We are joint controllers of your data for the purposes set out in this Policy and in our General Terms and Conditions.
This Policy (together with our General Terms and Conditions and any other documents to which it refers) sets out the basis on which we process your personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Websites and using the services set out in the Terms and Conditions you accept and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
We may change this Policy from time to time, and members are advised to review this Policy regularly to make sure that they read and understand the most current version of it.
- 1. Data Controllers
- 1.1. MediaHoppers Limited and Tyche Technologies AG joint controllers of your data, in each case for the specific purposes set out below.
- 2. Information we collect from you
- 2.1. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 2.1.1. Information you give us. You may give us information about you when using the Websites or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide on registration, on your profile, in an order on our Websites, when participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Websites, when you enter a competition, promotion or survey, when you report a problem with our Websites or other activities commonly carried out on our Websites from time to time. The information you give us may include your name, age, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and interests, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, photographs, and any other data.
- 2.1.2. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- 3. Uses made of the information
- 3.1. We (and where stated MediaHoppers) use the information held about you in the following ways:
- 3.1.1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- 3.1.2. all the information you provide on your profile will be displayed on your profile page;
- 3.1.3. to provide you with information about site activity, products or services we or MediaHoppers believe may be of interest to you where you have indicated that you wish to receive this material. We and MediaHoppers may also contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that you have already purchased, registered for or enquired about, but we will always offer you an unsubscribe option when doing so;
- 3.1.4. to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 3.1.5. to improve our Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- 3.1.6. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services;
- 3.1.7. as part of our efforts to keep our Websites safe and secure;
- 3.1.8. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we and MediaHoppers serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- 3.1.9. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Websites about services that may interest you or them.
- 3.2. You may unsubscribe from wvw.disabilitymatches.com emails at any time by changing your profile settings or by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every wvw.disabilitymatches.com email.
- 4. How we do not use your personal data
- 4.1. We shall not display any of your personal information such as your real name, e-mail address, full post code, mobile or landline phone number or IP-address, and we shall endeavour to keep the same strictly private and confidential. In any case when we ask for such information we make it clear that it is not for display without your consent.
- 4.2. We will not share your personal information with a third party for marketing purposes without your permission.
- 4.3. Your individual use of wvw.disabilitymatches.com website and your interaction with other members through these Websites shall be kept strictly private (no responsibility is accepted for the actions of users of the Websites or third parties).
- 5. Disclosure of your information
- 5.1. We may disclose your information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries in the performance of our services to you.
- 5.2. We are required to give information to legal authorities if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order. We do our best to ensure that all information held relating to you is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete, but we also rely on you to notify us if your information requires updating or deleting.
- 6. Where we store your data
- 6.1. When you register to use www.disabilitymatches.com, MediaHoppers collects, stores and processes your data. After your data is collected, MediaHoppers transmits your data to us and we store your data and operate the dating services on the Websites.
- 6.2. The data collected from you is therefore transferred from MediaHoppers in the UK to, and stored with us in Switzerland. Your data may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK or Switzerland who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This may also happen for example if you become a member of any of our US based dating services within the Dating Factory network. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is processed securely and in accordance with this Policy.
- 6.3. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 6.4. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 7. Cookies
- 7.2. In the course of serving advertisements to these Websites and you using some part of the Websites, us, MediaHoppers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Cookies are a normal part of Internet operations and are also used by wvw.disabilitymatches.com to safely identify you each time you logon and use the Websites and to keep your session active when you do not use the Websites for some time. Any information that us, MediaHoppers or third parties collect via cookies and marketing campaigns tracking software is anonymous.
- 8. Subject access
- 8.1. You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- 8.1.1. put your request in writing;
- 8.1.2. include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- 8.1.3. attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Media Hoppers ltd; and
- 8.1.4. specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
- 8.1.5. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- 8.1.6. put your request in writing;
- 8.1.7. provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details); and
- 8.1.8. specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
- 8.2. You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- 8.2.1. put your request in writing [(an email sent to email@example.com with a header that identifies your user account and says 'Unsubscribe' is acceptable)];
- 8.2.2. provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details); and
- 8.2.3. if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
- 8.3. Subject to certain exceptions, you also have the right to ask us to erase your personal data. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- 8.3.1. put your request in writing [(an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that identifies your user account and says 'Right to be forgotten' is acceptable)];
- 8.3.2. provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, user name, registration details); and
- 8.3.3. specify the data that you wish to be erased.
- 9. Unsubscribe from email notifications
- If you want to unsubscribe from receiving email notifications to your external mailbox, please use the link at the bottom of each email or go to Profile >> Account details page and manage your e-mail settings. Our members have the following choices to modify or delete their information from our database:
- Send an email to Customer support
- Log in with your password and change/delete your profile
- If you have questions or concerns, please use Customer support form on wvw.disabilitymatches.com web-site and our team will deal with your enquiry quickly, professionally and efficiently because we take privacy of our members seriously and are ready to address all the concerns they may have.